Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Today was a holiday and I found a street HOCKEY game in the park!

It was actually the second time I played. The first time was when I took those breathtaking shots of the lagoon where you can paddle in boats and hace picnic, to entice people to visit me. I just didn't take pictures of the game that day.

This timeeee, I did take a couple pics.
 What I do is rent skates for 5 bucks an hour and borrow a stick. I'm like a man among boys the way I dominate. That being said . . .
 Today 30 seconds in I dislocated my shoulder! Unlike in Wayne's World where Garth and Wayne have a system where they stop the game to let cars/people pass, that doesn't exist in the world of Buenos Aires street hockey.

(You can thank the fine folks at Paramount for the fact that this scene from one of the defining movies of our generation is not available in English on youtube. Also little known fact, Wayne's World was in fact filmed on location in Aurora, Illinois and not like most movies in Vancouver.).

What happens is you have a series of scooters, runners, skateboarders, fucking 2, 4, and 6 person bike car things constantly navigating through the game. As a result, I accidentally skated face first into one of the 4 passenger bike cars, driven by a guy and his girlfriend, (I can only hope it was a first date), in which I dislocated my shoulder and sustained some strange scratch/burn to the area behind my ear from the roof of the bike-car, but all in all was quite proud of how well I stood up the bike-car. If it was a fourth and inches, they would not have gotten the first down.



(Dramatic Reenactment. 
Not Actual Vehicle I crashed into)

Unfortunately, for me my shoulder is so loose that it's not like in Lethal Weapon where Mel Gibson can look really tough and cool because he has to slam his shoulder back into place. For me now, it's kind of like I bend over and dangle my arm and hop around and shake my body until it slips back into place. And now that I've turned the attention to my shouder, a picture of my legs:


And now a Mel Gibson shoulder video (I think this has to be my most well-organized post yet):




I'm always one to take a stroll down memory lane: this reminds me of the time that I dislocated my shoulder in my second ever rugby practice junior year and it popped back in while driving through the well-maintained streets of Cleveland Circle on my way to the hospital. After I was bumming pretty hard and my roommates got me so drunk that night that I dislocated it again while throwing up in the toilet. In an email I sent to my Uncle, who is a pediatrician, and my dad, I said that I dislocated it twice. The second time because my roommates gave me a "bad" beer thus causing me to throw up. I never realized until now just how stupid that must have sounded to them.

P.S. I tried to take a picture of my injured neck area. Still now sure how this mark would be defined. AND Update: If you look closely you will see that I still do not have the ability to grow facial hair in full.

1 comment:

  1. this made me laugh out loud several times (I enjoy other peoples misfortunes). especially the "bad beer" part.

    ReplyDelete