Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

I kid you not, Andy "Brink" Brinker just stayed in the hostal.


I couldn't post this while he was here, the media attention would have just been too much. But let's just say every minute was precious. It's moments like this that make life worth living. I wil be thrilled to get a traveler the caliber of Andy Brink Brinker, for every 50 Japanese tourists that come through here.


Pretty much a no-brainer for choosing what clip from Brink. Defining moment of the movie and perhaps a generation. Everyone knows you never never stay to the outside of a turn. Clearly wasn't enough of a red flag to stop Brink. Maybe he was just sick of that tomboy Gabbi and all that Soul Skater bologna.


When he walked in, there was only one thing I could say to him:
"When you woke up this morning, did you say to yourself 'Today, I'm gonna talk.' or 'Today, I'm gonna skate!'?"

(I had to fb stalk to get this pic, luckily he friended me, little did he know the pandora's box of sickness he opened.) And for the record he is from Sweden and has never heard of Brink. What a Godless country that must be.

and it only gets better:
Captain Mack showed up. He is getting a Harley Davidson shirt in every country he goes to. And he thinks Texas should suceed from the Union. I almost gave him a piece of gum to chew for the pic.
Picture taken from the Boston Duck Tour website, no copywrite infringement intended (please don't sue me BDT).

It warms my heart to see Captain Mack and Brink collaborating to find their next hostel.


Since this is my mountain top, a moment to share my thoughts on Disney Channel Movies:


From Wikipedia
Brink! is a 1998 Disney Channel Original Movie set in the backdrop of competitive synchronized inline skating.


Umm, agree to disagree. Brink is about a team of soul skaters. Each person on the team participates in the event they most excel in, ie. street, pipe, or downhill. There is no such thing as synchronized inline skating, person who wrote that wikipedia entry please strap on a pair of rollerblades and stay to the inside.


3 best Disney Channel movies of all time and no, there is no room to argue (This could be a never ending post for me. Just researching the shit out of classic clips from these movies, going over plot nuances, character development, just adding and updating this until the day I die):


Brink - The above clip says enough.


Johhny Tsunami - Most memorable things: The intensity of the Skys vs. Urchins rivalry and the prevalent use of the term 'brah.'


and last but not least . . .


Motocrossed- Classic tale of a girl living in a boys' world and wanting to take part. The protagonist, the sister of an up-and-coming racing star who wants to get sponsored but gets injured replaces him, much to the shigrin of her father, a mans man who thinks women belong in the kitchen. She then falls in love with a competitor, however, the relationship is complicated because the love interest thinks she is a he. This predicament manifests itself when they go to ride their bikes through the back country and go for a swim in a pond. He readily sheds his top while she is forced to awkwardly go in with all her riding gear on . . . like the fat kid at the swimming pool. I will say no more because this should be on everyone's list of movies to see on a Saturday afternoon on TV before they die.


Honorable mentions:
My Date with the President's Daughter
- (probably the only time corey's older brother got a leading role)
Halloweentown (actually don't really remember it, but I remember it being on . . a lot, I was probably too scared to watch it.)


Noteworthy current day Disney Channel movie facts:
- In 2007 a sequel to Johnny Tsunami came out entitled Johhny Kapahala: Back on Board. It has a 5.5 rating on IMDB down from a 5.9 rating of Johnny Tsunami and stars the same actor who played Johnny in the first.
- There are more than 80 Disney Channel Original movies


All in all after doing this, all I can tell you is that I feel super super gay . . . thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment