Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Not so fast: Cerveza Patagonia trying to pull a fast one on us

I've been meaning to blow the lid off this whole thing for months now, just waiting for the right time, this is big, real big. I've been sitting on the evidence too long now and I now have to say something. They clearly didn't know the American Inquisition was currently living in Argentina ready to split some wigs and get answers.

I bought an Argentine beer about 4 months ago (and drank it) called Cerveza Patagonia Amber Lager. Displayed below in Exhibit A:
Exhibit A (note: this is a dramatic reenactment, I do not have glasses that nice, nor did I have two other people to share the beer with but if I did I probably would not have shared it anyway.)

Each bottle of beer comes with that little booklet that you see dangling at the top center of the picture from the side of the bottle. That is where the plot thickens. If you peruse it (as I did) you will discover a small map with a red dot cleary displaying a city on the Argentinean side of Patagonia. Displayed below in Exhibit B:

It says on the left "Chacras de Fernandez Oro," which means in English "we are dishonest, lying sons of bitches."

Now if you flip the page (as I did) you will discover a picture of a lagoon with magical blue waters in the foreground and a very distinct series of mountain tops in the background. That my friends, is Torres del Paine in Punta Arenas, Chile. Please refer to Exhibit C1 and C2 below:

Exhibit C1: The picture of Torres del Paine in the beer notebook.

Exhibit C2
The picture of Torres del Paine that I took two years ago when I went there with Joe. Can you say class action law suit? The people of Chile vs. Cerveza Patagonia? Bring in Jack McCoy and Abbie Carmichael (if she is not filming another shampoo commercial) to prosecute. Best part will be when Jack files a motion to have the trial moved to New York and have it in English on the grounds that what inconveniences him is an inconvenience to justice.

I don't know who to take this to. No way to know who I can trust around here. Wait, actually more like I don't no anyone who would actually give two craps about this. Oh well. At least the truth has set me free.


To completely change gears, as I am apt to do (consider this a "Come Visit Stefan Picture of the Day" within a post):
Looking up that old picture of Torres del Paine from last year allowed me to rediscover this awesome picture that I took at the airport in Patagonia. Cierre las puertas means close the doors. Great misuse of quotations. If you come down here you can expect to find neat-o things like this in your every day life!
I also had the perfect youtube video picked out on this topic but it doesn't let you embed it so I am going to have to just leave you with the link. More a video for the girls out there, so enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW8OkSJvhvE

No comments:

Post a Comment